As previously advertised, please note that our August meeting will not take place on the customary third Saturday of the month due to our branch hosting the National Executive Committee meeting. We have thus opted to hold both events on the same day, and so the branch meeting has been moved out to 22 August 2009.
At the conclusion of the NEC meeting, the branch meeting will be addressed by the recently elected President of the GSSA, Hendrik Louw (left), who is no stranger to us.
Note that Lucas Rinken, branch chairman, has extended an invitation to NEC members present to join us for the branch meeting should they have the time and inclination. So we look forward to a larger than normal gathering.
Hendrik’s topics will be:
1. GSSA the Society
- What is the GSSA;
- Member needs;
- How does the GSSA fit into the global genealogy picture;
- Thoughts on strengths and threats for GSSA;
- Products and
- Support with regard to the advancement of GSSA (External websites etc.)
- SAG (GISA) versus e-SAGI (GSSA Gauteng-West)
- Public domain
- Researchers thoughts on "review and summary".
Place: Dutch Reformed Church (NG Kerk), Ontdekkerskruin, Phillips Avenue, Discovery, Roodepoort (Map below);
Entrance Fee: R5,00 for refreshments.
(SOURCE: Mail and Guardian Online)